Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Three New Poems Published


A Stone Lizard

A stone lizard

darted its tongue

and caught a cave cricket

the cricket creaked, buzzed…

and the sound died in a few moments.



The lizard crept on the rough mountain

where hard trees and plants grew

and dry leaves lay strewn

the lizard cried shaking its head: I live in the mountain

in cave, among stones. I’m a stone.

I hide myself in the chrome

and eat the insects which I turn

into stone in my dark stony stomach.


Tell Lies


Tell lies

for there is much faith in believing lies

and let them show how much they love you.


Truth is well propagated in promises

in politics, in judiciary, in love.

Lovers die to uphold the promises

Politicians fight at the hustings to prove their words

Judiciary strives to uphold morality

Lies receive a cold welcome everywhere.


I’ve won many awards for truth

But I bargain life each time I tell lies.


Empty Chest

I want to cry at the pain

I can’t

My chest is empty

I feel the pain too battering.


Note: All these three poems were first published in ken* again, the literary magazine, Vol. 10, No. 4, Winter 2009/2010.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely an extremely valuable piece of content! Learned a lot from the top bloggers.
    Learn from their advice and personal experiences Thanks a lot for making this post HAPPEN!
    Here My website for Best Web Hosting in Kolkata

    ReplyDelete

GAna

Contemporary Literary Review: India (CLRI) Issue 2010